What is the nutritional supplement magnesium malate?
All magnesium is not the same! There are numerous forms of magnesium, and each has its own different bioavailability. For example, “marine magnesium” has been dubbed the “perfectly natural” magnesium. Marine magnesium is composed of magnesium oxide and magnesium chloride and contains highly acidifying, laxative salts which our bodies have difficulty absorbing. Magnesium malate, however, is a form of magnesium that binds to malic acid (the fruit acid in apples, grapes and currants). This form is highly digestible and does not cause any adverse effects on the digestion.
Who would benefit from taking NOW Magnesium Malate Tablets as a dietary supplement?
How do Magnesium Malate tablets act as a dietary supplement for persons with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue?
- Individuals with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome (diffuse muscle pain, severe fatigue, persistent headache, loss of short term memory, trouble sleeping, mood swings, mental confusion during everyday activities)
- Anyone exposed to aluminum (deodorants, aluminum foil, cooking items, cans, certain medications for acid reflux, injections), which is suspected to be a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease
- Athletes looking to increase their stamina and athletic performance in long-distance running (marathon), cycling or triathlon events
Magnesium malate is essential for the production of vital molecules that are crucial to the body’s functions: ATP (adenosine triphosphate – a substance that promotes the conversion of glycogen into glucose and is used in the storage and transport of energy) and serotonin. ATP provides energy to muscle and brain cells. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter which is necessary for the regulation of sleep, pain and one’s mood. Individuals who suffer from fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome have an abnormally low concentration of ATP and serotonin. This can result in excessive fatigue, chronic sleep problems and, in particular, high sensitivity to pain.
Magnesium malate promotes muscular health and is beneficial for athletes. It promotes muscle relaxation after contraction. More specifically, magnesium malate inhibits the release of acetylcholine in muscle fibers, resulting in reduced contractility. Without magnesium, one’s muscles are unable to contract. The result is neuromuscular hyperexcitability (convulsions, cramps and other uncontrollable muscle contractions) after intense physical exertion. Malic acid plays an important role in the transport of NADH (a reduced form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) from the cytosol into the mitochondria (the malate-aspartate shuttle), making it essential for the production of energy in the form of ATP.
Furthermore, magnesium malate tablets assist in detoxification and facilitate the elimination of aluminum in the brain. This is due to the affinity of malic acid for this heavy metal, which has an adverse effect on the brain’s neurons. It is believed that aluminum leads to increased risk of Alzheimer's and other dementias.
The consumption of the dietary supplement magnesium malate is not recommended for persons with renal impairment.
1. Russell IJ, et al. Treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome with Super Malic: A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, crossover pilot study. Journal of Rheumatology, 1995; 22:953-958.
2. Cox IM, et al. Red blood cell magnesium and chronic fatigue syndrome. Lancet. 1991 Mar 30; 337(8744):757-60.
3. Domingo JL et al. Citric, malic and succinic acids as possible alternatives to deferoxamine in aluminum toxicity. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 1988; 26(1-2):67-79.
4. Ferreira PC et al. Aluminum as a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease. Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2008 Jan-Feb; 16(1):151-7.
1 to 3 tablets daily
180 tablets, each containing 1000mg of magnesium malate
Per capsule: calcium (calcium carbonate) 100mg, 115mg elemental magnesium (per 1000mg of magnesium malate), malic acid 600mg (per 1000mg of magnesium malate)
cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid (vegetable source), magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silicon dioxide.
sugar, salt, soy, wheat, gluten, milk, shellfish or preservatives. Pure vegetable-based product.
A nutritional supplement for the memory
- Promotes memory and reasoning power
- Aids the recognition of familiar shapes, names and f...
Innovative migraine spray with rapid effect
100% natural - lemon flavour - alcohol-free
Reduces the frequency, duration and severity...
The body-contouring bacteria!
your price $ 24,95
Scratch out inflammation!
The supplement for mature women who want to live life to the full!