DRYNESS? REDNESS? COMPLAINTS? IRRITATION?
As a unique dietary supplement, developed in collaboration with some of the world's most famous ophthalmologists, Dry Eye Caps improve tear secretion and stabilise the tear film on the eye.
What is Dry Eye Syndrome?
DES can be caused by contact lenses, air conditioning, computer screens, allergies, environmental conditions, and some types of medication. People with "Dry Eye" suffer discomfort, experiencing the feeling that there is dust in their eyes and the desire to rub them. The eyes may become red, and are usually tired and sensitive to changes in ambient temperature and humidity.
The causes of Dry Eye
Researchers have postulated that the cornea, conjunctiva, eyelids and lacrimal glands are connected by complex neural networks and hormonal and chemical mechanisms. This explains why any type of damage or change in the structure directly affects the entire system. Scientists believe that dryness results in inflammations of the eye. In addition, research shows a significant relationship between sex hormones and DES, often found in persons over 60 years of age. Tears form a physical and antiseptic film to protect the eyes. Without this film, the surface of the eye dries out and cracks, and becomes sensitive, particularly with regard to infections.
The symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome include:
- a burning or itching sensation
- eyesight fluctuations
- the feeling that a foreign body is present
- watery eyes
- tired or painful eyes
- infectious eye discharge
- sensitivity to light
- contact lens discomfort
Dry Eye Caps deliver nutrients which play an important role in protecting the eyes and stabilising the tear film. This product improves tear secretion. This supplement contains Malabar nut (Adhatoda vasica), linseed oil and lecithin.
Malabar nut (Adhatoda vasica) extract
- Stimulates the lacrimal glands to increase tear production
- Acts as a mucolytic by reducing the viscosity of the mucus layer to improve dispersion on the surface of the eye
- Stimulates the P2Y2 receptors in the mucous cells of the palpebral conjunctiva.
- Relieves Dry Eye Syndrome (Ocular Surgery News, Nov. 2000)
- Improves the quantity and quality of the oily layer of the tear film. The omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed oil are essential to ensure that the meibomian glands function well, so that their secretions lubricate the eyelids properly. Studies indicate that omega-3 fatty acids may play a role in the prevention of glaucoma.
- Inhibits the proliferation of T-lymphocytes, an inflammatory cascade of arachidonic acid in the conjunctiva.
- Reduces pain, inflammation and redness.
- A fat-like substance, also known as a phospholipid. As a phospholipid, lecithin is one of the main components of cell membranes, serving to maintain their elastoviscosity.
1 capsul 2 times daily with meals (morning and evening) or as prescribed by your therapist. As long as the symptoms persist, continue use.
Approved Plant extrakt of Brand (adhatoda vasica) 80 mg, Linseed oil 500 mg, Lecitihn 22 mg.
Sugar, Salt,Yeast, Gluten, Lactose, Coloring and Aroma agents.